Ottawa is a safe, bilingual city filled with parks, museums, galleries, sports teams, shopping, restaurants, the Rideau Canal, nearby sky hills and hiking, world-class hospitals, and embassies. Best of all, Ottawa offers the opportunity to prepare for and attend post-secondary institutions in the area.
Reasons to come
There are many reasons to choose Ottawa beyond the excellent schooling, and below are a few highlights:
Experience the best in art, music, theatre and dance at the National Arts Centre and National Art Gallery.
Learn about Canada and the world at one of our 17 incredible museums. Or catch a game with our professional sports teams – hockey, football, soccer and basketball.
Top post-secondary schools
Carleton University, University of Ottawa, St. Paul University, Algonquin College, Dominican University College, Collège La Cité.
Vacation in Montreal, a short 2-hour drive/train, or Toronto, a 5-hour drive/train or 1-hour flight.
A vibrant downtown with a large market, shopping centre and the Rideau Canal – the largest naturally frozen skating rink in the world!
Get outdoors with great ski hills, beaches and the best hiking and bike trails at Gatineau Park.
Travelling to Ottawa
Canada remains a welcoming destination for International Students. For all travellers entering Canada by air, land or marine mode:
- Proof of COVID-19 vaccination is not required
- Pre-board testing is not required, except:
- COVID-19 pre-entry and arrival tests are not required
- Quarantine after you enter Canada is not required
- Using ArriveCAN is not required, but
- to save time at the border, you can use the ArriveCAN customs and immigration featureto complete your declaration in advance if you’re flying into a participating international airport
- Pre-boarding tests for cruise passengers are not required
- As always, travel documents are required
- Health checks to board planes and trains are not required
- Wearing masks on planes and trains is not required
- It’s strongly recommended that you wear a well-constructed and well-fitted mask or respirator while you travel